In today's digital age, a property search often starts online. And with the average time someone spends on a Rightmove listing being just 1.7 seconds, your property must stand out from the rest. At this first stage, the quality of your photography is key to grabbing the attention of potential buyers.
Good photography can bring a property to life and inspire someone to make it their home. That's why we believe in providing our clients with creative, beautiful, and inspiring images. Our photographers are some of the best in the industry and their unique styles set them apart from the competition.
If you're looking to sell your property, it's essential to prepare it properly for photography to ensure it appeals to the broadest possible audience. Here are some valuable tips on how to prepare your property for photography to make it stand out:
- Remove any unnecessary items, such as laundry baskets, fans, heaters, and bins
- Clear surfaces of clothes, shoes, medication, and general clutter
- Clean and declutter bedside tables
- Turn on bedside lamps
- Make beds neatly with cushions plumped
- Open blinds and curtains to let in as much external light as possible
- Remove all washing-up items
- Polish and wipe down appliances such as ovens, microwaves, and hobs
- Declutter the work surfaces and hide things such as bins, brooms, mops, ironing boards, and pet products
- Remove fridge magnets, children's artwork, and other out-of-place items
- Hide tea towels, aprons, and any laundry
- Let in as much light as possible
- Remove any pieces of decor that make the room appear smaller
- Hide television remotes and electronic devices, cables, and children's toys
- Open blinds and curtains, making sure they are straight
- Turn on lamps, sidelights, and spotlights
- Plump cushions and arrange throws decoratively
- Arrange magazines and books in neat piles
- Quick hoover and mop
- Clean windows in and out
- Place fresh flowers and indoor plants for added elevation
- Clear away unsightly items such as toothbrushes, soaps, shower gels, etc.
- Put the loo seat down and remove toilet brushes, loo rolls, mats, and scales
- Fold fluffy towels neatly over a towel rail (if matching)
Check out our outstanding property imagery on @circalondon and call us to discuss your property - we are a leading central London Estate Agents.