At Circa London, we're committed to respecting and protecting your privacy.
Circa London has a Data Protection Officer responsible for matters relating to privacy and data protection. The Data Protection Officer can be reached at email@example.com (FAO DPO) or FAO DPO, Circa London, 118 Southwark Street, London SE1 0SW.
About Circa London
Circa London is a trading name of Henslowe Estates, whose registered number is 09531417 and registered office is 118 Southwark Street, London SE1 0SW.
How do we collect personal information about you?
We obtain personal information about you that you provide to us through our website, emails, phone conversations, documents you provide to us or when you visit one of our branches, for example, when you:
● Enquire about properties for sale or rent
● Ask us to value your property
● Interact with us on our social media sites
We also obtain personal information relating to you using automated technical means when visiting our website.
What type of personal information is collected?
The information we collect from you might include (but is not limited to) your name, address, email address, phone number, date of birth and financial details and any other information you choose to provide to us.
The information we collect through our website using automated technical means includes:
the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet
your login information
browser type and version
time zone setting, browser plug-in types, and versions
operating system and platform
identification number, online identifier
We also collect information about your website visit, including which website pages are accessed, page response times, and length of visits to pages.
How long do we retain your personal information?
We review our retention periods for personal data regularly. We are legally required to hold some types of information for specific prescribed periods to fulfill our statutory obligations. Outside of specific statutory obligations, we will keep your data on our systems for as long as is necessary for the relevant purposes for which we use it or per any retention periods set out in any relevant contract you hold with us.
How do we use your personal information?
We may use the information that you directly provide to us in the following ways:
● We may use your name, address, and contact details to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into by you and Circa London, such as providing you with products and services you have requested, visiting and arranging viewings of your property. Our legal basis for this use is necessary to perform a contract to which you are a party.
● We may use your name, email address, and postal address to provide you with information you have requested from us, respond to enquiries or requests from you, communicate with you about those enquiries or requests, and arrange visits to your property by our staff. Our legal basis for this use is our legitimate interests, namely carrying out activities in Circa London's business in response to customer enquiries or requests.
● We may use your name, email address and postal address to provide information regarding similar goods and services to those you have already enquired about or purchased. Our legal basis for this use is our legitimate interests, namely the ongoing marketing of our goods and services to individuals with whom we have an existing relationship in connection with our goods and services and/or who have expressed an interest in those goods and services;
● Where you have entered into a contract with us or provided you with services, we may use your name, email address, postal address, or phone number to ask for your feedback about the services we have provided to you. Our legal basis for this use is our legitimate interests, namely evaluating and, where necessary improving the quality of our service provision to promote the success of our business and positive customer relationships.
● Where you are a party to an existing contract with us or regularly enter into agreements with us for our goods and services, we may use your name, email address, postal address, or phone number to notify you of changes to the terms and conditions of services. Our legal basis for this use is our legitimate interests, namely the administration and management of our business contracts and relationships.
● We may use your name, email address and postal address to send you marketing communications if you have chosen to receive these. These may include information about properties for rent or sale, the current property market, promotions, or offers. Our legal basis for this use is consent.
We may use the information that we automatically collect using technical means through our website to:
● Administer our site for troubleshooting, testing, research, and statistical purposes. We use Google Analytics, a third-party website monitoring tool. Our legal basis for this is our legitimate interests, namely monitoring the use of our software and IT systems, improving our website
● Measure or understand the effectiveness of our advertising activity. Our legal basis for this use is our legitimate interests, namely improving the relevancy of our advertising
● Measure or understand the effectiveness of our marketing emails.
We may analyse the personal information we collect directly from you and obtain using automated technical means to create a profile of your interests and preferences so that we can contact you with information relevant to you (if you have chosen to receive marketing communications from us). We may use additional information about you when it is available from external sources to help us do this effectively.
We may also use any personal information that we collect from you directly and additional information about you from external sources to detect and reduce fraud and credit risk. Our legal basis for using your personal information is our legitimate interests in preventing our business from being subject to fraud or credit risk.
Who has access to the information?
We will not sell or rent your information to third parties.
We may pass your information to third-party service providers, including but not limited to:
● Business partners, suppliers, and subcontractors working on our behalf to complete tasks and provide services to you.
● Advertisers and advertising networks (including social media) to select and serve relevant adverts to you;
When we use third-party service providers, we disclose only the personal information necessary to deliver the service. We have a contract that requires them to keep your information secure and otherwise use your information under applicable data protection law.
We may disclose your personal information to our insurers and or professional advisers reasonably necessary to obtain and maintain insurance coverage, manage risks, obtain professional advice, and manage legal disputes.
In addition to the specific disclosures set out in this section, we may disclose your personal information where such disclosure is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which we are subject or to protect your vital interests or the vital interests of another natural person, or for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims, whether in court proceedings or in an out-of-court administrative procedure.
In this section, we have summarised your rights under data protection law. To keep this Policy concise, not all details have been included in our summaries. Some rights are complex, applying only in certain circumstances and subject to certain exceptions. Accordingly, it would be best to read the relevant laws and guidance from the regulatory authorities to explain these rights fully.
You have the right:
● To object to us processing your personal information for marketing purposes. If you object, we will stop processing your data for this purpose. When we collect your data, you can choose whether or not you wish to receive marketing communications from us. If you want to stop receiving marketing communications, you can opt-out at any time by clicking an 'unsubscribe' link at the bottom of one of our emails.
● To access the information we hold about you and specific information about our processing and your rights about it.
● In certain circumstances, to obtain the erasure of the personal information, we hold about you, subject to certain exceptions.
● To rectify the information we hold about you.
● Our legal basis for processing your personal information is your consent or the performance of a contract. We process it by automated means to provide the personal information we hold about you in structured, commonly used, and machine-readable format and transmit the information to another controller.
● In certain circumstances, restrict our processing of your personal information or object to us processing it. If you object, we will stop processing your personal information unless certain exceptions apply. Not being subject to a decision based solely on automated processing, including profiling, produces legal effects concerning you or similarly affects you, subject to certain exceptions.
● Our processing of your personal information is based on your consent to withdraw that consent. If you withdraw your consent, we will stop the relevant processing, but it will not affect the lawfulness of our processing before the withdrawal.
To exercise any of these rights, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or write to us at 118 Southwark Street, London SE1 0SW. In addition, you can exercise your right to object to direct marketing at any time by clicking an 'unsubscribe' link at the bottom of one of our emails.
If you consider that our processing of your personal information infringes data protection laws, you have the right to complain to a supervisory authority responsible for data protection. You may do this in the EU member state of your habitual residence, your place of work, or the alleged infringement location. More information about lodging a complaint with the Information Commissioner's Office (the relevant UK supervisory authority) can be found at https://ico.org.uk/concerns/.
Security precautions in place to protect your information
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. We take appropriate technical and organisational precautions to secure your personal information and prevent its loss, misuse, or alteration. We have given (or where you have chosen) a password that enables you to access certain parts of our websites; you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
The transmission of unencrypted (or inadequately encrypted) data over the Internet is inherently insecure. For this reason, we cannot guarantee the security of data sent between us over the Internet.
Cookies allow us to provide necessary site functionality, so you don't have to re-enter lots of information. They also allow us to remember what links and pages you have been or viewed during a session. This helps us deliver a better, more personalised service to you.
It is possible to switch off cookies by setting your browser preferences.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites run by other organisations. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of those organisations or the content of their websites. You should read the privacy policies of these organisations before providing them with any personal information.
Review of this Policy
We keep this Policy under regular review. This Policy was last updated on 28th March 2022.
You can obtain further information about data protection laws by visiting the Information Commissioner's Office website at www.ico.org.uk.