When considering whether a new-build property is right for you, it's essential to take a closer look at all the benefits of this type of home. In this article, we'll explore the most significant advantages of choosing a new-build property, including:
- Customisable design: When you buy a new-build property, you usually have the option to choose your fixtures and fittings, colour scheme, and flooring. This means you can create a home that reflects your style and taste, making it yours from day one.
- Newness: A new-build property is what it sounds like: new. There's no outdated décor or aging materials to deal with, just the fresh smell of new paint and modern finishes.
- Warranty: New-build homes come with a 10-year warranty, providing peace of mind and protection against structural issues.
- Peace of mind: When you purchase an older property, you never know exactly what you're getting. With a new build, you are the only person who has lived in the home, so you can be confident that there are no hidden problems or unpleasant surprises.
- Energy and cost savings: New-build homes are designed to be energy-efficient, reducing future bills and keeping you cozy during the winter months. With over 80% of new homes receiving an A or B rating on their Energy Performance Certificate, you can be sure that you're making a smart investment.
- Home safety: New-build homes are built to the highest safety standards, using fire-resistant materials and the latest technology to protect you and your family.
- Security: Most new-build homes have high levels of security, including pre-wiring for a burglar alarm system, which can help lower your insurance costs.
- Better bargaining power: When buying a new-build property, you may have more bargaining power than when purchasing an older home. Developers are often more open to negotiation and may offer various incentives, such as part-exchange, to help you make the purchase.
- Flexible financing: It may be easier to get flexible financing and closing terms when buying a new-build property, especially if you work with a large national firm with its own mortgage company.
- Help for first-time buyers: For many first-time buyers, a new-build property is the only way to get onto the property ladder. Schemes like Help-to-Buy and Shared Ownership are only available to purchase a new home.
- Incentives: Developers may offer various incentives to buyers, such as paying for stamp duty, legal costs, carpets, and other expenses.
- Modern living: New-build properties often come with top-of-the-line technology and amenities, such as "smart home" features and open-plan layouts. Some even offer shared services like gyms, spas, cinema rooms, business suites, lounges, or concierges.
- Chain-free: Buying a new-build property is often a more straightforward process, as no other parties are involved in the transaction. Once you've reserved your new home, it will be taken off the market.
As London Estate Agents, we know that there are many factors to consider before taking the plunge and signing the contract for your new luxury London property. We hope that you will find this article helpful when making your decision.