Area Guide by Estate Agents in
London Bridge & Borough SE1
Things to do
Borough Market is a historic market which has been in operation for over 1,000 years and is a must-visit destination for foodies. With a wide variety of fresh produce, meats, cheeses, and baked goods, as well as street food from around the world, Borough Market is a feast for the senses. Be sure to try some of the local specialties and sample some of the delicious street food.
Take a step back in time and visit the Golden Hinde. This full-size replica of Sir Francis Drake's ship, docked on the River Thames, gives visitors the chance to see what life was like on board a 16th-century ship.
Be sure to check out Southwark Cathedral. This Gothic-style church dates back to the 12th century and is one of the oldest buildings in London. Visitors can explore the cathedral's history, architecture, and art, and enjoy the peaceful atmosphere.
For those interested in the arts, the Unicorn Theatre is a must-visit destination. This theatre is dedicated to producing and promoting children's and family theatre, and it offers a variety of shows and performances throughout the year.
If you're interested in history, The Clink Prison Museum is a unique experience. This museum is located in the former Clink Prison, one of the oldest and most notorious prisons in England. It provides a glimpse into the harsh realities of life in a medieval prison and it is a fascinating experience.
For art lovers, the White Cube Gallery is a must-see destination. This contemporary art gallery showcases works by emerging and established artists from around the world.
Finally, for a taste of traditional London, be sure to visit The George Inn. This is London's last surviving galleried inn, dating back to the 16th century. It is a great place to enjoy a traditional pub atmosphere, with a selection of real ales and hearty pub food.
Here is a list of some schools:
- James Allen's Girls' School: This is an independent school for girls aged 4 to 18, with a strong focus on academic excellence and pastoral care.
- The Charter School: This is a non-selective, co-educational school for children aged 4 to 18, with a focus on providing a high-quality education for all students.
- St. Joseph's Catholic Primary School: This is a Catholic primary school for children aged 4 to 11, offering a strong academic curriculum and a focus on the Catholic faith.
- Snowsfields Primary School: This is a community primary school for children aged 3 to 11, with a focus on providing a nurturing and inclusive environment.
- The Cathedral School of St. Saviour and St. Mary Overie: This is an independent primary school for children aged 4 to 11, with a strong academic curriculum and a focus on the Christian faith.
- The Globe Academy: This is a non-selective, co-educational school for children aged 11 to 18, with a focus on providing a high-quality education and preparing students for the future.
- London South Bank University: This is a university which offers undergraduate and postgraduate degree programs in a wide range of subjects, including engineering, business, and the arts.
- Southwark College: This is a college that offers vocational training and further education in a wide range of subjects, including engineering, business, and the arts
The London Bridge underground station, located on the Northern and Jubilee lines, is one of the main transportation hubs in Borough. It connects the area to other parts of London, including the West End and the City of London. The station is also served by the London Overground, providing access to destinations such as Canada Water and Shoreditch.
Another underground station nearby is Borough station, on the Northern line, which provides access to the Charing Cross branch of the Northern line and connects Borough to other parts of London such as Waterloo, Leicester Square and Euston.
Additionally, Elephant and Castle station, located on the Bakerloo and Northern lines, is also located near Borough, and it connects the area to other parts of London such as Oxford Circus, Camden Town and Kennington.
Borough is also well-connected by bus, with several bus routes running through the area, including the RV1, which runs from Covent Garden to Tower Bridge, and the 35, which runs from Oxford Circus to Camberwell.
Borough has a mix of residential properties, from traditional and modern properties, from grand Georgian and Victorian townhouses to luxurious modern apartment buildings.
Another development is "The Printworks" which is a new development of private rental apartments, located near Borough tube station. It offers a range of amenities for residents, including a 24-hour concierge service, a fitness centre, and a private courtyard.