Area Guide by Estate Agents in Kennington SE11
Kennington Area Guide SE11: Are you searching for a vibrant and historical neighbourhood?
Nestled in the heart of inner London, Kennington has often been described as one of the city's best-kept secrets. With its blend of historic charm and modern vitality, Kennington is the standout choice for residents of all backgrounds.
One of the defining features of Kennington is its stunning Georgian architecture. Strolling through its streets, you'll encounter grand Georgian terraces, picturesque squares, and enchanting hidden courtyards. The most famous is Cleaver Square, an idyllic haven where locals play boules in the summer and come together for an annual summer fete.
Kennington offers an array of culinary experiences. From Persian to Eritrean and beyond, the neighbourhood's diverse dining scene is a food lover's paradise. Some local favourites include Brasserie Toulouse Lautrec, the daytime Ragged Canteen (an excellent vegetarian lunch spot), and the upmarket Brunswick House, known for its imaginative seasonal menu.
Kennington's nightlife is brimming with options for those seeking an evening out. Pubs like Cleaver Square's Prince of Wales or the Pilgrim Pub are local favourites, offering live music and a welcoming atmosphere. Kennington's rich heritage is celebrated through attractions like the Imperial War Museum and Garden Museum. It is also home to the Oval where you can watch England play cricket.
For everyday convenience, there's a Tesco supermarket on Kennington Lane, and the nearest Waitrose is in Vauxhall. Locals eagerly anticipate the weekly farmers' market held in the serene courtyard of the Georgian St. Mark's Church every Saturday. The bustling East Street Market on Walworth Road is the go-to spot if you're looking for fresh produce.
Kennington offers a variety of transport options:
- Tube: You have four Tube stations, including Kennington and Oval stations on the Northern Line in Zone 2 and Lambeth North on the Bakerloo Line in Zone 1.
- Road: After navigating the A3, you can reach the M25 in under an hour or head north to the M1 in 40 minutes.
- Bus: The area is extensively connected by bus routes, offering easy access to south London and northbound destinations.
- Cycle: Kennington is a haven for cyclists, with dedicated bike paths and Boris bike docking stations.
- Getting Away: London City Airport is a short 45-minute journey via the DLR and Northern Line, and trains to Gatwick take less than an hour.
Kennington has embraced change and modernity while preserving its historic charm. Warehouse conversions are becoming more common as development expands along the river. The Corniche project features three residential towers designed by Foster + Partners on Albert Embankment. Other notable developments include New Frederick Mews, Braganza Street, Oval Village by Berkeley Homes and Ward Point on Hotspur Street.
Are you searching for the perfect London neighbourhood to call home? Look no further than Kennington. Call Circa London Sales & Lettings, and one of our friendly team will be delighted to assist you.