Published: 26/05/2021A property search starts on line and the average time someone spends on a Rightmove listing is 1.7 seconds. That's how fast people swipe past properties that don’t grab their attention. At that first stage it has nothing to do with nicely worded descriptions, and everything to do with good photography. Images must inspire someone to move their lives and families into making your property their home.
We believe it's essential to bring a property to market with creative, beautiful, and inspiring images. Our photographs and videos don't just show space; they bring a space to life with original compositions and mood. We feel our photographers are best in class with their unique styles, setting them apart by miles.
Here are some useful tips on how to prepare your property for photography in order to make sure your property appeals to the widest possible audience:
- Remove laundry baskets, fans, heaters, bins
- Clear surfaces of clothes, shoes, medication and general clutter
- Clean and declutter bedside tables
- Turn on bedside lamps
- Make beds neatly with cushions plumped
- Blinds and curtains open and straightened to let in as much external light as possible
If any room should come across as minimal in photos, it's the kitchen.
- Remove all washing-up paraphernalia
- Polish and wipe down appliances such as ovens, microwaves and hobs
- Declutter the work surfaces and ensure bins, brooms, mops, ironing boards, and pet products are out of view
- Remove fridge magnets, children's 'stunning' artwork and any other out of place items
- Tea towels, aprons, and any laundry should be hidden
A property pictures goal is to promote the illusion space, especially when it comes to living and dining rooms.
- Let in as much light as possible
- Remove any pieces of decor that make the room appear smaller
- Hide television remotes and electronic devices, cables and children's toys
- Open blinds and curtains making sure they are straight
- Turn on lamps, sidelights, and spotlights
- Plump cushions and arrange throws decoratively
- Arrange magazines and books in neat piles making sure bindings match up.
- A quick hoover and a mop always helps
- Clean windows in and out
- Place fresh flowers and indoor plants, as they elevate a space
- Clear away toothbrushes, soaps, shower gels, and other unsightly items
- Put the loo seat down and remove toilet brushes, loo rolls, mats, and scales
- Fluffy towels work if they're matching and neatly folded nicely over a towel rail